The Listing Agreement On Your House Has Expired And Your House Never Sold.
I did some research on the homes in Johnston County whose listing agreements expired on March 1st. 19 homes left the Triangle Multiple Listing Service ranging in price from $70,000 to $449,000.
- Only 5 listings had the maximum number of pictures allowed which is 25
- One listing had three pictures and another had 4
- 15 of the 19 listing had price reductions
- 1 listing had 5 price reductions
- The longest combined days on market was 531
- 3 listings had YouTube videos ( but they weren't real videos)
- None of the listings had their own personal webpage
- One house was on Elvis Dr in Presley Point Subdivision ( no reason)
So why did your house in Glen Laurel, Flowers Plantation, River Dell not sell?
Could have been price or condition or location, all factors that are prominent in getting a house sold. Some people simply cannot afford to sell their house at todays market prices. If they bought the house in 2005,2006,2007,2008 they are probably upside down and either have to short sell or bring money to the table, neither of which is very appealing.In the list of 19 houses that expired in Johnston County some are obviously overpriced based on the price per square foot which is much higher than the average of homes sold recently. The combination of short sales, foreclosures and builders offering great deals on new construction is holding that number back.
The good news is that inventory is going down, sales are going up, sales in January 2013 were up 31% in the Triangle region and a staggering 72% in Johnston County over the previous year.
Here are my tips to help you sell your house next time around.
- Take as many pictures as possible on a ...sunny day.
- Create a webpage include descriptions of schools, shops, as much as possible here's one .
- Do a real video and post it on YouTube, here's one
- Don’t do a virtual tour and post it on YouTube and call it a video.
- Use the power of the Internet to get people looking at your house
- Get a storage unit and clear out the closets, bedrooms clutter is bad.
- Pressure wash the exterior
- Get some fresh mulch and tidy the front yard.
- Fix any obvious repairs
Call (919) 601-2268 or email irishdavid2011@gmail .com