Real Estate and Related Topics

head_left_image

Family Loses Everything In Fire!

Family Loses Everything In Fire!
Family loses home in fire

But, the father feels lucky that everyone got out alive and no one was injured. Really makes you think, I was struck by how this family who lost all their worldly possessions in a fire but can appreciate the huge blessing that the parents and their five children all managed to escape the early morning blaze.

The house is two minutes from where I live and the youngest goes to the same school with my son Rory. It is a scary sight to see a house I have passed a thousand times reduced to rubble and all the more difficult when you see the Christmas decorations amongst the charred ruins.

Fire on Buffalo RdThe response to this family's plight is also an indication of how other people respond when they see someone in need. Since the fire the family has received a new home from a local developer where they spent Christmas and where they can stay until they get back on their feet. They also received gifts and donations from many people in the community and from as far away as New York!

Check your smoke detectors and keep space heaters away from everything, I don’t know how this fire started but this time of year fires are all too common.

Contact the Salvation Army in Smithfield if you would like to help.

Call (919) 601-2268 or email irishdavid2011@gmail .com    

 

 

Comment balloon 0 commentsDavid O'Doherty • December 29 2012 06:16AM

Comments

This blog does not allow anonymous comments